Johnson Service Group is recruitingfor an experienced, Nuclear Operations Simulator Instructor, for a 12-month contractposition in Richland, WA.(U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency/Green Card is required.)
The Hanford Tank Waste Treatment Plant will use vitrification technology to process process and solidify radioactive and chemical waste stored at the Hanford site. This project is the largest undertaking of its kind and one of the DOE's most technically challenging clean-up projects. This position is located at the construction site (22 miles north of Richland) and works a 4-day, 10-hour schedule, Monday-Thursday, 6:30 am - 5:00 pm. Selected applicants need to be able to work weekends as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of qualified instructional analysis/developers, the simulator instructors will prepare simulator control room watch station qualification cards, integrated simulator scenarios for response to abnormal and emergency condition, alarm response and drill exercise guides.
- The simulator instructions will also conduct simulator training for control room commissioning technicians and other control room staff and may train other less-experienced simulator instructors.
- The role and scope of the simulator instructor includes miscellaneous support activities related to training development and implementation, as well as completion of LAW simulator instructor training which includes training on LAW, LAB, and BOF Systems, LAW DSA/TSR and the WTCC Training Department Procedures.
- Associate or Bachelors Degree in Engineering or similar field
- 7+ years of experience as an instructor with knowledge and expertise in nuclear operations simulator training, development and implementation using the systematic approach to training.
- Prefer at least 6 years of technical experience in operations, maintenance or related technical position in Naval Nuclear, Department of Energy Nuclear, or Commercial Nuclear Operations.
- Prefer familiarity with ANSI 3.5 and JPRO Software.
- Must be able to clear a physical exam and drug screen to obtain a facility badge.
Associated topics: energy, geothermal, operations, operator, powerplant, powerplant operations, scrubber, solar, turbine