While we are Headquartered in Seattle, we are seeking the best talent to join our team & will consider Remote/Telework options for candidates located anywhere in the US.
Who We Are:
iStreamPlanet delivers some of the world's most prestigious and most viewed online experiences, such as the Olympics, Super Bowl, NCAA March Madness and FIFA World Cup. We are also helping traditional and new media brands, including Fox, NBC, Turner, DirecTV, Hulu and fuboTV, among others, reimagine their businesses by delivering their content directly to their consumers at scale via engaging online experiences. We are majority owned by Turner and a subsidiary of WarnerMedia, much like our sister companies HBO and Warner Bros, but we are also uniquely positioned to serve the broader market in the US and globally.
iStreamPlanet's engineers are empowered to do what's right for our customers. We encourage creative solutions, trust and demand data, and generally gravitate toward open source. We have a learning culture and continually seek ways to deliver a better product. We maintain a very high bar for ourselves and depend on one another to meet national broadcast expectations. We are committed to delivering the best experience to the fan whenever and wherever.
For more info, check us out at
The Video Production Engineer is responsible for configuration, operation and monitoring of live streaming video events. Excellent customer communication skills, attention to detail, real-time troubleshooting and technical resolution will be critical for success in this role. A core team member of one or more projects that drives the team to improve operational efficiency and availability.
* System configuration and set up for live video events.
* Operation of services for acquisition, transcoding and distribution of streaming video.
* Content catalog updates.
* Monitor iStreamPlanet infrastructure and services including performing pre-defined checks on clients' workflows and apps powered by iStreamPlanet services.
* Provide high-touch, proactive and reactive client and technical support.
* Automate continuous real-time monitoring of incoming alarms to quickly detect and diagnose service impacting events.
* Provide continuous real-time monitoring of incoming alarms to quickly detect and diagnose service impacting events.
* Gain a broad and deep understanding of iStreamPlanet architecture and service dependencies.
* Troubleshoot and escalate live feed issues as appropriate.
* Monitor, manage, and deliver crisp communications during high impact events via relevant channels.
* Prioritize, manage, and own emerging customer issues from start to finish.
* Accurately keep tickets up to date based on finding and steps taken to resolve incidents.
* Analyze data trends on internal tickets, customer contacts, social media, and network monitors to identify potential issues and work with engineering to improve.
* Work closely with iStreamPlanet teams to develop and implement new and existing broadcast automation features.
* Work with key stakeholders across iStreamPlanet to improve the customer experience and develop mechanisms that support operational excellence.
* Responsible for documentation of processes and workflows.
* Deliver upon tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
* Manage client communication, fact checking, procedural recommendations, and follow-up.
* Lead Retrospective / Root Cause Analysis (RCA) meetings after each incident to minimize recurrences.
* Assist other teams within the company in resolving incidents and participating in root cause analysis exercises.
* Be the voice of the customer in Retrospective / Post-Event meetings.
* Deliver customer impairment reports for relevant stakeholders.
* Contribute to knowledge base and FAQs.
* Collaborate with key stakeholders for documentation and process improvements for recurring issues as well as new service updates.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field of study or equivalent experience.
* High School diploma/GED
* 3+ years of experience with client communications via email and phone.
* Ability to work and problem solve independently/collaboratively.
* Experience dealing effectively with internal and external customers during problem resolution and operating efficiency under pressure.
* Highly motivated self-starter with technical aptitude and a commitment to achieving results.
* Demonstrated proficiency with operating systems and networking concepts.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment.
* Effective prioritization and time management skills.
* Ability to analyze, consolidate, and aggregate data from various sources.
* Proven ability to work and problem solve independently/collaboratively, to organize workload and priorities, high-quality execution, technical innovation/adaption, and initiative.
* Experience communicating with customer stakeholders.
* Proven ability to work and problem solve independently/collaboratively.
Nice to Have:
* Experience with software-as-a-service or media services.
* Experience with streaming media and/or broadcast operations/support.
* Knowledge of live streaming and other media services (e.g. transcoding, DRM, CDN).
* Knowledge of AWS services.
* Proven success in a fast-paced support environment.
* Succinctly convey complex problems in easy-to-digest terms for all stakeholders.
* Be willing to act with a sense of urgency balanced with diplomacy.
iStreamPlanet is building connected video services for the Internet age. We're ambitious, agile, dynamic, and 100% customer focused. We're also fun, appreciate good humor, and we want people who are passionate about their work.
iStreamPlanet is an equal opportunity employer.