John I. Haas, Inc., the leading supplier of hops and advanced hop products for the brewing industry, is currently seeking a highly talented Research Scientist to join our Innovations team. The successful candidate will serve in a research and development role by planning, designing, and independently conducting experiments and associated research activities directed toward identified, strategic business opportunities. Specific job functions will include:
* Development of innovative new hop and hop-based products from ideation to commercialization through laboratory experimentation, pilot scale-up, and commercial trials
* Improvement of existing Barth-Haas Group products through cost reductions, yield increases, new applications, and/or improvement of best practices
* Support of high-priority research projects through rigorous and creative experimentation in a team environment, and
* Utilization of advanced relationship skills to establish positive interactions with diverse stakeholders such as customers, vendors, and toll manufacturers in order to advance specific projects in a collaborative fashion.
The position will involve overseeing the successful transition of promising research into brewing application trials and through to commercialization. Thus, qualified candidates will be knowledgeable and skilled scientists that are highly motivated and able to apply their talents to the development of new products and processes within varied areas.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a diverse research environment comprised of chemists, scientists, and brewers are expected. A track record of developing intellectual property and publishing research contributions in scientific journals is highly desirable.
* Ph.D. in Chemistry or a related scientific field and 1+ years of post-graduate or industrial experience
* Excellent laboratory skills and the willingness to perform bench and process work
* Demonstrated understanding of hops and brewing
* Instrumental analysis experience including GC-MS, HPLC, and UV-Vis spectrophotometry
* Product development experience
John I. Haas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: agriculture, air monitoring, biodiversity, environment, environmental science, farm, field, food, waste, water
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.